Dorado Weather

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The time has come, the saddest day in my life…


The time finally here for us to be “leaving on a jet plane”—like somebody once said—and begin our new adventures in a foreign land far, far away. When said like that, it sounds like if it was the beginning of a fairy tale but there is no fairy tales here to tell. The approach of this administration has not changed at all during the past four years, we “stay the course” against all odds. A man named Benjamin Franklin once said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” This I find to be true in our personal lives as well as in our government. Referring to our government:

I believe history has been recorded, taught and told in order to provide us with a tool to lean on, a tool by which we can make wiser and more sensible decisions. Previous wars fought should serve as a recount of lessons learned; still, it seems we continue to make similar mistakes while refusing to make changes. Many people believe that those who do not know their history bound to repeat it, well…I guess this could be the case.

I spent Memorial Day weekend with my family in Washington. Once again, the rhododendron
were blooming, the irises were also at full bloom and our yard looked like a fairy wonderland. I enjoyed my time at home and—amazingly—it felt as if it was much more than four days.




We went deep-sea fishing and caught 40 rockfish (sea bass) and 2 lingcods—yummy, yummy for my tummy. We also took long walks on the beach, played in the yard and just tried to spend some quality time with each other. I was surprised to see how strong my babies are being for me.

Although it was hard to leave them, their continued effort to try to make me feel better amazed me, and it is—still—giving me the strength I need to carry on with this next chapter of my life.

Trace flew back with me to Kansas so he can see me leave and take the Blazer back home. It was nice to have him here with me and show him how I have been living for the past three months and who I am deploying with. We only had hours together but they were well spent and I am happy I had this opportunity, especially because I made him help me with the lifting… ;)

So, very early tomorrow “I am leaving on a jet plane” but you can bet your sweet selves that I will be back again and then…we will have a party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a party it will be!

Lemon peppered ling cod:

Butter a glass baking dish and preheat oven at 400 degrees.

Take fresh caught cod and lemon and garlic pepper each side and place in dish. Pour on a smidge of lemon marinade and spread evenly. Bake on each side for 14 minutes.

Pick out the bones and eat with your fingers in large chunks and lick off each finger like you were a caveman.

Serve with fresh broccoli and mashed potatoes and then watch a good movie and try to forget your spouse is at war.

Anonymous said...

How did Noah get those huge whales we saw of the starboard bow onto his ark? And how did he get the killer whales and the great white sharks into the ark aquarium?

I've always been amazed how T-rex sat over in the corner of the ark with the female Trex and sat idly by while staring at the goats and cows. THAT is a disciplined dinosaur!