Dorado Weather

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our Baby Just Turned Five!!!!

 2007 11 29 151

Yes ladies and gentlemen, our baby named Iraq is five years old today. The question is, how much has our baby grown in the last five years? Not much. News at home about Iraq are still the same, there has been no significant change to give hope to the American public. Soldiers are still dying, the insurgents are like some kind of virus that adapt and overcome whatever is done to stop them, and the Iraqi government is still not quite what it should be.

Handicap School 024

I can give some testament of the past ten months I have spent here and the outlook is not good. I have been here working with the Iraqi Army day in and day out but I have not seen anything that I can call success. The same things that we talked about changing when we arrived here are the same things that we will pass down for the next team that replaces us to work on.

IMGP0291

The news channels in the U.S. said recently that the war is not longer a burning issue for the American public. Some are not even close when estimating the amount of fallen service members. Through it all, silently, some continue to carry all the burden of this war while others worry about the next American Idol or the next Dancing with the Stars. People are not moved by our sacrifices as the war goes on and on.

100_0567

There is not much that I can say at this time without sounding bitter. It is not the time for me to speak up about many things, not yet, perhaps in four years you will see something with my name on it that talks about this roller coaster ride that I have been in for the past year. OH YES! ...and I will include my personal thoughts and experiences because if you cannot talk from a personal place, then you are nothing but another tin man.

Here is a slide show of picturesque Iraq. I wish I had more interesting pictures to show you but at least give me some kudos for posting my own pictures :). By looking at it though, you can get the picture and make your own opinion. And please, enjoy the music from my favorite band in the whole world!!!! PEACE!!!!

No comments: