Cooking out in Iraq
Another beautiful season change during my stay in Iraq. I have been without a job for the past five weeks. Apparently the commander of the company I work with had some kind of issue at home that he was allowed to extend his leave. This leaves me with nothing to do since I have no additional duties in the team. I dedicated this time to prepare what we call a "continuity book" for the person that will replace me in May.
Now that out time here is coming to an end,there has been much reflection on what we have accomplish in the past ten months. Professionally speaking, I do not think that the Iraqis from the 4TH Motorized Transportation Regiment have improved greatly in the past year. As for me, I am going to wait until the day that I leave this team for good to express my assessment of professional growth.
I have been incredibly annoyed by the way that the females in the team are looked as just females. It is frustrating to hear an Iraqi call us the "spice girls" when the last thing I feel like here is like a girl. I guess I could be scary spice... LOL. To add to the fuel, recommendations I have made have been disregarded by the person I advise and not supported by my own leadership. In all, at this time, I feel like I have not accomplish much even though I tried incredibly to do so.
Fortunately, the rains have stopped--for now-- and now I have to deal with the heat that is crawling back in. I will go home when is really hot here so...bring on the heat!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment